The Area VI Wildlife Management CDE was held on the campus of Ware County High School yesterday. The top two teams in each division qualify for the State Wildlife Management CDE to be held on the campus of the University of Georgia on Saturday, March 22, 2014.

I appreciate all the help I received from Advisors, Jeff Fariss, ABAC student Michael Herrin, and Area Officer Callie Warren. Also, thanks to Dr. Jason Scott, ABAC Wildlife Professor for his assistance. Special Thanks to Ware County Advisors Jody Kemp, Jay Bennett, and Renee Smith for the use of their facilities and their assistance.

The State Qualifiers are:

Senior Division

1. 281 The Appling County FFA Chapter, Van Mills, Advisor
2. 249 The Ware County FFA Chapter, Renee Smith, Advisor

Junior Division

1. 296 The Appling County Middle FFA Chapter, Ricky Barnes, Advisor
2. 286 The Wayne County FFA Chapter, Michael Kirkland, Advisor

Individual Results are:

Senior Division:

Whitetail Deer Management
1. 48 Cade Houston, Appling County
2. 46 Brandon Rowe, Clinch County
3. 44 Tyler Merritt, Camden County

Game Bird Biology
1. 70 Hagen Zachry, Ware County
2. 66 Chance Hingson, Lowndes
3. 60 James Wilson, Camden County

General Identification
1. 88 Jordan Dyal, Appling County
2. 76 Blade Herrin, Ware County
3. 70 Tyler Buckley, McIntosh County Academy

Aquatic Identification
1. 86 Cody Crummey, Appling County
2. 76 Tyler Gibbs, Cook County
3. 76 Kendall Mallory, Camden County

Junior Division

Whitetail Deer Management
1. 54 Cheyanne Tomberlin, Appling County Middle
2. 52 Dalton Wilkerson, Wayne County
3. 52 Dylan Christopher, Appling County

Game Bird Biology
1. 82 Brook Guy, Ware County
2. 82 Trent Herrington, Appling County
3. 76 Mattie Wolfson, Appling County Middle

General Identification
1. 90 Rick Vanderveen, Wayne County
2. 74 Brody Cauley, Appling County Middle
3. 58 MacKenzie Carter, Ware County

Aquatic Identification
1. 92 Brycen Lee, Appling County Middle
2. 78 Dake Dixon, Wayne County
3. 72 Alex Poole, Appling County

Congratulations to these winners and all the students and Advisors who worked hard on this CDE!

Danny Bartlett
Forestry Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education
ABAC 34 - 2802 Moore Highway