Teachers,

I remember from my days in our teaching methods class at UGA we learned that we needed a "mental set" activity for each lesson--something to grab the students' attention and focus them on the lesson at hand. I ran across this article today and thought it would be a great discussion piece for teaching parliamentary procedure. I'm sure you could find the footage of this incident on YouTube which would help to illustrate the point.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/02/07/do-ayes-really-have-it/?intcmp=latestnews

Lynn Barber, Ed.D.

Georgia Department of Education

2802 Moore Highway, ABAC 34