Please see the following message from the Georgia Junior Livestock
Foundation.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christy Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Subject: GJLF Activities

Ag Teachers and Extension Agents -

The Georgia Junior Livestock Foundation is pleased to be supporting several
activities next week during the Georgia National Junior Livestock Show.  We
would appreciate your help in providing this information along to your
students and their families.  A flyer has been attached for your review in
addition to the following information:

*The GJLF will be holding a Sponsors' Meet-and-Greet on Thursday, February
20 from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. in the Georgia Building.*  This is a great way for
you, your students, their families and other spectators *to interact with
our sponsors* and let them know how much we appreciate their support.  Not
only will we have many sponsors at this event, we will also have four
college institutions and representatives from their ag schools
including *University
of Georgia CAES, Abraham Baldwin Agriculture College, Auburn University and
Clemson University.*

*The GJLF will be providing every state show exhibitor a Complimentary
Sponsors' T-Shirt.*  This T-shirt will be provided by the GJLF and will
include all the organization sponsors from the 2013-14  year.  *Please do
not confuse this complimentary Georgia Junior Livestock Foundation t-shirt
with the Georgia Junior National Livestock Show t-shirt that can be ordered
online, through you the agent or ag teacher.  T*he GJLF Sponsors' T-shirt
will be given out during the Sponsors' Meet-and-Greet from 1:00 - 5:00
p.m.  I have sent out requests all January for T-shirt sizes for your
students.  I have received those from most schools and counties.  Those
students will be given priority on the size you turned in for them.  All
those that I did not hear from will be provided a shirt but the sizes will
be on a first come first serve basis.  We are asking each student to come
get their own T-shirt.  Shirts will be sorted alphabetically by each
exhibitors' name - not by county or school.  If you have goat or lamb
exhibitors that will not be in Perry next week, you can pick those up for
them.  Just remember to have your list of names ready as they will not be
sorted by county or school.

*The GJLF will hold the final GJLF Pop Tab Collection during the Sponsors'
Meet-and-Greet from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.*  The county or school with the most
pop tabs from all year will win a set of livestock scales donated by
Partisover Ranch.  We are asking each county or school to combine their pop
tabs in one large container and to bring to the scales at one time.  The
top tabs will be poured into a trash bag for final weighing.  If you have
your pop tabs in gallon milk jugs, please have the tops of the jugs cut
before you come.

If you are not familiar with the GJLF, I encourage you to check out our
website at www.gajrlivestockfoundation.org.  The GJLF was created in 2009
with the overall goal and objective of supporting Georgia's youth involved
in the junior livestock program.  Annually, we provide funding to the
Reserve Champion through 5th Overall for all species at the designated
state livestock show; provide one $1,500 Lee Harris Jr. Memorial
Scholarship; five $1,000 GJLF Scholarships; carry out a community service
project; recently began the GJLF Showmanship Point Circuit; and will be
providing T-shirts to every state show exhibitor.  We are continuously
raising funds to support these programs and working on ways to reward more
juniors in the state of Georgia.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at
[log in to unmask], in the office at 706-336-6830 or by cell at
770-307-7178.

Christy Page

Georgia Junior Livestock Foundation

P.O. Box 119