State Show Reminders from Dr. Silcox.  Please contact your Area Livestock
Teacher with specific questions or concerns.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RONALD E Silcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Subject: State Livestock Show Reminders
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, "
[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Heather Kalino Shultz <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]" <
[log in to unmask]>, Carolyn S Gazda <[log in to unmask]>

 The State Livestock show is coming up next week on Feb 19-22.  Below are a
few reminders:

The rule book is located at:
http://georgia4h.org/livestock/GaJrLivestockShow/JuniorNational/2013-2014_GAStateLivestockShowRulesRegulations_RevisedJan14.pdf
A schedule of events is on page 16.

CHECK YOUR ENTRIES:
Please, Please, Please ...
Log in to the on-line entry site at:
http://www.georgia4h.org/public/apps/jrnatreg/
and check your entries.  Make sure that the tag and tattoo numbers listed
at the on-line entry site actually match what is in the ear. If you have
sent in corrections, please check to make sure that we have made those
corrections.
Tip:  On the left side of the screen for your county or chapter, you can
select reports and print out all of your entries in each show.  Many agents
and teachers find it handy to have this list with them at the show.  If you
find an error, let me know by 9:00 am on Monday and we can get it fixed in
the check-in sheets.

RODEO TICKETS:

 All exhibitors get their tickets at the show for THURSDAY NIGHT.  Someone
from your county/chapter will pick up rodeo ticket vouchers in Perry in
the Roquemore building on Thursday Feb 20 between 9-12 or 1-4. (see
Schedule in rule book, page 16).  They will then take the voucher over to
the ticket office and exchange it for a Thursday night ticket.  If mom or
dad want to go they will need to buy a ticket.  They can purchase tickets
at the ticket office when the exhibitor exchanges the voucher or they can
buy tickets earlier  <http://www.gnfa.com/>http://www.gnfa.com.

 PS - Everyone north of I-20 be careful out there in the ice and snow this
week.  The long range forecast for next week is looking good.

 Ronnie Silcox,
Extension Animal Scientist
Rhodes Animal & Dairy Science
Athens, GA  30602