Please see message from Mrs. Arrington.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arrington, Meredith <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Subject: FFA and Ag Awareness at Sand Gnats game
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Will you please post this to the state list serv?

We are working with the Savannah Sand Gnats to have a pack the park Wednesday for agriculture awareness and FFA.  The date for this event will be on July 2, 2014 at the historic Grayson Stadium.  We will be selling the tickets for around $7 each and we also want to get t-shirts made to commemorate the event and they will be around $10 each.  I have attached a link for a Google doc survey so we will know how many tickets we need to purchase.  We have to buy a minimum of 500 tickets so we are curious to see how many FFA chapters and members would be interested in participating.  We plan on having a parade with all the FFA members around the field before the game starts and we can also pick who will throw the first pitch (if anyone has any ideas on who this should be email [log in to unmask]).  This is not limited to just FFA members, anyone and everyone interested in baseball, agriculture and FFA are invited to attend.  So let your FFA Alumni and Young Farmer Chapters know as well as your local school personnel and legislators.  We are hoping to get organizations like the Farm Bureau and Georgia Grown there too.  If anyone has any more ideas or suggestions let me know.  We are still in the working phase and right now all we really have set is the date.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LPaTl74mKSL_WZLZJxOQc9e8gFQkH0jIDkWBdhcSdrc/viewform

Thanks everyone!

Meredith Carey Arrington, Ed. S
Agriculture Education
Effingham County High School
1589 Highway 119 South
Springfield, GA 31329
912-754-6404 Ext. 1243
"If you can read this thank a teacher. If you had lunch today thank a farmer"

--
Christa Steinkamp
Georgia Agriculture Education