Teachers,

Due to the increased number of schools and communities impacted by severe winter weather, the deadline for turning in proficiency award applications has been extended again. Please read this information carefully.

Proficiency Award applications are due to the Region Office by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 24.

I do realize that many of you are going to Perry next week for the state livestock show. Regardless of whether you go to Perry, I ask that you please plan accordingly and consider the following options.

· Applications can be submitted electronically as PDF files to the appropriate Region offices by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 24.

· Applications can be mailed to the appropriate Region office with a guaranteed delivery by Monday, February 24. (mail before you leave for Perry)

· Applications can be hand delivered to the Region office by 5 p.m. on Monday, February 24.

· Applications can be delivered to the Roquemore Building at the Georgia National Fairgrounds on Thursday, February 20, from 9 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. while t-shirts, dance tickets and rodeo vouchers are being handed out. Three boxes will be set up in the Roquemore building, one per Region.

***Like many of you, our staff who are working at the livestock show have many responsibilities at the show. Please do not try to hand off a proficiency application to a staff member at a random time in Perry. Proficiency Award applications will only be accepted in Perry at the Roquemore Building on Thursday from 9:00 - 4:00 p.m.

I appreciate your feedback, patience and effort. We are working diligently to make a difficult situation as manageable as possible for everyone invovled.

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association

316 Poultry Science - UGA