Please see the following message from the Georgia Junior Livestock Foundation.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christy Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Subject: GJLF Activities

Ag Teachers and Extension Agents –

The Georgia Junior Livestock Foundation is pleased to be supporting several activities next week during the Georgia National Junior Livestock Show.  We would appreciate your help in providing this information along to your students and their families.  A flyer has been attached for your review in addition to the following information:

The GJLF will be holding a Sponsors’ Meet-and-Greet on Thursday, February 20 from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the Georgia Building.  This is a great way for you, your students, their families and other spectators to interact with our sponsors and let them know how much we appreciate their support.  Not only will we have many sponsors at this event, we will also have four college institutions and representatives from their ag schools including University of Georgia CAES, Abraham Baldwin Agriculture College, Auburn University and Clemson University.

The GJLF will be providing every state show exhibitor a Complimentary Sponsors’ T-Shirt.  This T-shirt will be provided by the GJLF and will include all the organization sponsors from the 2013-14  year.  Please do not confuse this complimentary Georgia Junior Livestock Foundation t-shirt with the Georgia Junior National Livestock Show t-shirt that can be ordered online, through you the agent or ag teacher.  The GJLF Sponsors’ T-shirt will be given out during the Sponsors’ Meet-and-Greet from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.  I have sent out requests all January for T-shirt sizes for your students.  I have received those from most schools and counties.  Those students will be given priority on the size you turned in for them.  All those that I did not hear from will be provided a shirt but the sizes will be on a first come first serve basis.  We are asking each student to come get their own T-shirt.  Shirts will be sorted alphabetically by each exhibitors’ name – not by county or school.  If you have goat or lamb exhibitors that will not be in Perry next week, you can pick those up for them.  Just remember to have your list of names ready as they will not be sorted by county or school.

The GJLF will hold the final GJLF Pop Tab Collection during the Sponsors’ Meet-and-Greet from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.  The county or school with the most pop tabs from all year will win a set of livestock scales donated by Partisover Ranch.  We are asking each county or school to combine their pop tabs in one large container and to bring to the scales at one time.  The top tabs will be poured into a trash bag for final weighing.  If you have your pop tabs in gallon milk jugs, please have the tops of the jugs cut before you come.

If you are not familiar with the GJLF, I encourage you to check out our website at www.gajrlivestockfoundation.org.  The GJLF was created in 2009 with the overall goal and objective of supporting Georgia’s youth involved in the junior livestock program.  Annually, we provide funding to the Reserve Champion through 5th Overall for all species at the designated state livestock show; provide one $1,500 Lee Harris Jr. Memorial Scholarship; five $1,000 GJLF Scholarships; carry out a community service project; recently began the GJLF Showmanship Point Circuit; and will be providing T-shirts to every state show exhibitor.  We are continuously raising funds to support these programs and working on ways to reward more juniors in the state of Georgia.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at [log in to unmask], in the office at 706-336-6830 or by cell at 770-307-7178.

Christy Page

Georgia Junior Livestock Foundation

P.O. Box 119

Commerce, GA 30529