From: Strickland, Jody <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Subject: FW: John Deere Gator Raffle
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear FFA Advisors,

It has been my pleasure to serve as Chairman of the Foundation Sponsors Board for the past two years.  Our Board has worked extremely hard to raise funds that benefit your students.  As many of you know, the Blue & Gold Gala began in 2008 as a project of the Sponsors Board.  The Gala has grown into the Foundation's largest fundraiser, and funds are used to provide opportunities for your students to be recognized for their accomplishments and to represent Georgia at national competitions.  I know that many of you appreciate the fact that after winning a state competition, you will receive funds to help with travel expenses for your team.

I am asking you today to help the Sponsors Board!  We are asking each FFA chapter to sell 10 tickets for the John Deere Gator raffle that will be held at the Blue & Gold Gala on Friday, March 14th.  If every chapter in Georgia sold at least 10 tickets, the Foundation would raise over $28,000 just from the Gator raffle.  Last year, only about 75 chapters sold tickets.  Our goal this year is to have at least 110 chapters sell tickets.  Please consider supporting the Foundation by participating in this fundraiser.  Lasseter Equipment Group has generously donated the Gator, so all tickets sales are profit for the Foundation.

The Sponsors Board is also providing an incentive for your help.  The chapter that sells the most tickets will receive $2,000.  The chapter that sells the second most tickets will receive $1,000 and the third place chapter will receive $500.  In additional, all chapters that sell tickets will be entered into a drawing for a $500 state convention scholarship - $250 to pay your state convention registration fee and $250 for convention travel fees.

Please consider helping with this raffle!  I, along with all the other Sponsors Board members, would appreciate your support!

Sincerely,

Jody Strickland, Weyerhaeuser

On Behalf of the Foundation Sponsors Board:

Wallace Beggs, Fieldale Farms (retired)

Commissioner Gary Black, Georgia Department of Agriculture

Mark Camp, Southern States Cooperative

Gale Cutler, Georgia Electric Membership Corporation

Mike Giles, Georgia Poultry Federation

Bill Hurley, AGCO

Commissioner Tommy Irvin, Georgia Department of Agriculture (retired)

Marty McLendon, McLendon Acres

Aaron McWhorter, North Georgia Turf

Rodney Miller, Small Town Big Deal and Buford Corn Maze

Josh Pitts, Ag Technologies

Jake Redmon, Perdue, Inc.

Scotty Redmond, Wm. J. Redmond & Son, Inc.

Frank Riley, Chestatee/Chattahoochee RC&D Council

Hillary Stringfellow, Gilbert, Harrell, Sumerford & Martin, P.C.

Gene Sutherland, Jr., Sutherland's Foodservice

Mike Zupko, Zup Company, Inc.

Jody T. Strickland

Weyerhaeuser

(478) 954-8058