Fellow Agriculture Teachers,

Here is another great opportunity to provide an alternative classroom activity for your students that could also lead into some prizes and awards. This activity revolves around one of Georgia's most predominant agricultural commodities - Pecans.

Information on this special program can be located at www.georgiapecans.org/contests<http://www.georgiapecans.org/contests>.

The deadline for entry into the Pecans in Science - experiment contest is March 16, 2014. Your students could earn some awards and recognition for participation. Not to mention that it would be awesome to have FFA members represented and recognized in this state-wide event. (it would not hurt my feelings if all top five awards went to AgEd / FFA members)

Please consider allowing your students to enter this Georgia Pecan contest and showcase just how effective our students can be at experimenting with this great Georgia product.

Additionally, there is a poster competition for Elementary Schools. It would also be great if you could share the poster contest information with your local elementary school contacts. The deadline is March 2nd, so please get it to them today if possible.

Thank You for considering this opportunity for your students. As always, I appreciate the great work you are doing for agricultural education.

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East