Congratulations to all of the teams representing Area 1 in the Forestry CDE
held at Taylor Farm on Thursday, April 17. Special thanks to Taylor Farm
for hosting us again this year and thanks to all of the Georgia Forestry
Commission personnel as well as Hunter Stillwell (Area FFA Officer), Jimmy Mock, Bill Lott, Sidney Bell and Stan Mitchell for their help in conducting the event. I also want to thank Mr. Mark Lashley and Mr. Ryan Ayers for providing the bus for land measurement and compass transportation.
I would also like to thank the Heritage FFA Alumni for preparing and serving the meal.
If you could send Mr. Bill Lott a thank you card for paying for the meals it would be much appreciated. His address is Mr. Bill Lott, 8755 Hwy. 53, Braselton, Georgia 30517.

The rosters have been checked and the results are official. The top two Sr. teams and the top 2 Jr. Teams will represent Area 1 at the State Forestry CDE in Swainsboro on May 7, 2014. Mr. John Allen Bailey will contact each team with further information.

Sr. Team Results: 1st Place - Bowden 2nd Place - Heritage High School

Jr. Results: 1st place - Heritage High School 2nd place - Bowdon

A complete summary of the individual scores is attached. Be sure and look at the tally sheet for team placing. If I can help in any way as you prepare for the state CDE please let me know.

--

Jerry Taylor
North Region Area Forestry Teacher