Congratulations to each team that competed in the Area 2 Forestry CDE
at UGA. We had 16 Sr. teams compete and 22 Jr.teams compete.
Special thanks to all of the Georgia Forestry Commission personnel who took
time out of their busy schedules to serve as judges, the Warnell School of
Forestry and Natural Resources for hosting the event, Mr. Bill Lott,
Mr. Jimmy Mock, Mr. Sidney Bell, Mr. Josh Allen, Mr. Travis Tankersley (Area Officer)
and Mr. Josh Daniel for their assistance. I also want to thank Mr. Pettit and Mrs. Pollard for driving buses to the areas. I also want to Thank Mr. Lott for sponsoring the meal and the Jefferson FFA Alumni for providing the meal. It gave me pride to go back this morning and police the grounds for any trash. I only found about 8 cans or bottles and several of those were hidden pretty good. Thanks to the teachers and students that took ownership and helped pick up trash after I asked for help in that area.

The top two Sr. teams will represent Area 2 at the State Forestry Field Day on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. Mr. John Allen Bailey will be contacting each of you with the details. The rosters have been checked and the results are official.

The results are:

Banks County High - First Place

Jefferson City FFA - Second Place

The top two Jr. teams will represent Area 2 at the State Forestry CDE.

Banks Co. High - First Place,

Jefferson City FFA - Second Place

Please contact me if I may be of any assistance as you prepare for the State CDE. The official scores are attached.

--

Jerry Taylor
North Region Area Forestry Teacher