[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Hello All,​

Do you have any plans for the summer/fall?

The UGA Office of International Education was recently awarded $100,000 from the Freeman Foundation which allows us to extend $2500 scholarships to UGA students participating in internships/volunteer opportunites throughout Asia this year. This opportunity is availible to all undergraduate (recent graduates included) and graduate students of UGA.

​***ATTENTION: Deadline for the Freeman Asia Grant is fast approaching! The priority deadline in Sunday, April 6th, at midnight. Please submit your materials by this date! Late applications will be accepted until Sunday, April 13th, at midnight. However, late applications will not be given priority. We look forward to reading your application!

Below is the link to the application for the Asia-Georgia Internship Connection (AGIC). The award amount is $2500 per student. Current undergraduate or graduate students and recent graduates (within one year) are eligible. Internships/volunteer opportunities MUST begin in 2014 and MUST last for a minimum of 3 weeks. There is no maximum limit on internship duration. Internships/volunteer opportunities MUST be conducted in Southeast Asia. Preference is given to students traveling to South Korea, Japan, China, and Thailand, but scholarships will be given to students traveling outside of these countries as well. Scholarships for travel to nearby countries such as India, Nepal, or Bangladesh will be considered, but only a few awards will be available for these countries. Each student may only submit one application.We will begin the review of our first batch of applications in early April. You should know by April 20th if you have received the award. The selection process is based on your length of stay (commitment), how the internship/volunteer opportunity relates to your future goals (academic/career), and location. The money will be placed into your student account and then you can go to the Bursars office to withdraw it or have it directly deposited into your account. Depending on the date (early May), you’ll have the money available to you by the start of the internship. The more information on the internship, the better your chances of receiving the grant.
​

Complete the Application Here: http://fs2.formsite.com/GeneralFormsSite/form56/index.html

Please see the attachment above for some internship options we have gathered together. Please feel free to do your own research as well.  If you need to know more information, you should set up an appointment.
To schedule an appointment, call us at (706)-542-2900. Just let them know that you would like to schedule an appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor for the Freeman Asia Grant. We are open from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, and we usually have an advisor available in the morning or evening.  We look forward to both hearing from you and seeing you soon!

Best,
William Smith II
Education Abroad Advisor
Office Of International Education
1324 S.Lumpkin Street
Athens, GA 30602
Phone-(706)-542-2900
Email- [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Connect- http://www.linkedin.com/pub/william-s-smith-ii/74/85b/942