- Exam Format:
· 50 question, multiple choice test
· All candidates will complete the exam in one room at the same time.
· No one other than the candidates and the administrator of the test are allowed in the room.
· No materials, other than a writing utensil, will be allowed in the exam area.
· The test will be developed from information found in the resources below:
a. Current Official FFA Manual
b. FFA Student Handbook
c. Robert’s Rules of Order
d. FFA New Horizons – Past 12 months
e. Georgia FFA News (New Horizons Insert) – Past 12 months
· Questions will concern practical information that an Area FFA Officer should know.
- Senior office and junior office candidates will be ranked based on their test scores. The highest test scorer will receive a ranking of 1, the second highest test scorer will receive a ranking of 2, etc. Senior and junior office candidates will be ranked separately.c. The top 17 (12 senior office, 5 junior office) candidates for Area Officer positions will have the opportunity to offer a one-minute speech to the voting delegates. The delegates will then vote for the six senior officers and the two junior representatives they wish to elect. Each delegate will select six names for senior office and two names for junior office.
- One point will be allotted for each vote. Votes will be added and ranked for senior and junior office. The senior office candidate with the highest number of votes will be ranked 1, 2nd highest vote receiver will be ranked 2, etc. Junior candidates will also be ranked by the number of votes received.
d. The application rank, written exam rank, and vote rank will be added. For example, if a candidate was ranked 3rd on the application, 5th on the exam, and the 7th highest vote getter, their overall rank is 15.