Thought you may be able to use some of these short videos on Sustainable Agriculture in your classrooms.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jenn Simons <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 8, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Subject: [Usaged-l] Opportunity to Offer Input on SARE Project
To: usaged-l <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

A project funded through a Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) grant is in need of your input!

A series of videos detailing different types of sustainable agricultural enterprises has been created with the high school educator in mind. Formatted into short interviews (4-6 minutes) conducted by local high school students, the learning modules provide a convenient addition to a voc-ag teacher's already packed curriculum. All videos are complemented by a discussion document including background information on the featured farm, the farm's website, teaching objectives, discussion questions, and an aerial image of the farm's exact location.

As the school year wraps up, consider this an exciting, quick, and simple end-of-the-year contribution to your curriculum. We'd appreciate it if you could spare five minutes of class time to watch the video and have students (along with yourself) fill out a brief evaluation so we can improve this new resource. All participating educators will receive a flash drive including all current publications from the SARE library (books, bulletins, fact sheets, regional materials, reports from the field, SARE program materials, videos from the field).

Videos and accompanying content can be found at: http://passel.unl.edu/communities/sustainableag organized by topic under the "Farm Specific Modules" tab. The surveys can be accessed at: Teacher Module Evaluation and Student Module Evaluation or in the attached documents--> please mail to:

Chuck Francis
c/o Jenn Simons
101 KCR
Lincoln NE 68583-0817

All results will be anonymous. In order to receive your reward for completing the survey, please email Jenn Simons at [log in to unmask] with your name, the name of your school, and an address for where to mail the flash drive.

Take advantage of this unique opportunity to offer feedback and make real impacts! We appreciate all of your time and input.

Best,

Jenn Simons

Christa Steinkamp
Georgia Agriculture Education