Each year the Georgia FFA is represented by a group of official voting delegates at the National FFA Convention. Last year Georgia was allotted 25 delegates, and I expect a similar number this fall. We will fill up to 8 of our delegate positions with the 2014-2015 State FFA Officer team. The remaining Georgia FFA Delegate positions will be filled based on the attached application. We are looking for experienced, focused and determined FFA members who will represent our state. Any Georgia FFA member who has completed the 10th grade is eligible to apply. Priority will be given to students who are rising 12th graders and recent high school graduates (class of 2014).

Students selected to serve as Delegates will be expected to honor two important dates. First, they will be expected to attend a Delegate orientation session on Wednesday, September 24, at Camp John Hope. The orientation will begin at 12:00 p.m. with lunch and end by 4:30 p.m. Secondly the delegates will be expected to commit to travel with the Georgia Association and spend the entire week serving in Delegate responsibilities. The Georgia FFA will be responsible for all expenses for the students selected as Delegates to attend the National Convention. Georgia’s delegate body will leave Monday, October 27, and return on Sunday, November 2, meaning the students will miss an entire week of school.

If you have students who would be great representatives of the Georgia FFA in Louisville, please encourage them to apply. If you, your student, or their parents have any questions, do not hesitate to give me a call.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association