---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RONALD E Silcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Subject: Junior Livestock Show update - Rulebook, tags

​Market Lamb and Market Goat Entry Deadline is August 1.

The Rule Book has been posted at:

http://gaaged.org/Livestock%20Resources/Georgia%20Junior%20National%20Resources/Georgia%20Junior%20National%20State%20Show%20Rule%20Book/

We have tried to proof read this carefully, but if you see any errors or conflicts in times or dates, please let me know.

Health regulations in the rule book are current as of today.  Be aware that there is a disease in swine, Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED), that is causing serious problem in other states.  PED is caused by a virus and is highly contagious.  If you are buying show pig, be sure to buy from PED free herds and practice proper biosecurity.   WE DO NOT WANT TO BRING PED INTO GEORGIA.

Tags this year will be as follows:

Beef Steers and Commercial Heifers - Green tags (can use green tags from last year)

Dairy Heifers - White tags (can use white tags from last year)

Market Hogs - Blue Tags (tags from last year can only be used in October for the fair)

Market Lamb/Market Goat - Pink Tags ( on the entry site we are putting in a drop down right below tag number where you select pink or yellow, that will let you use up any old yellow tags you have left from last year)

Breeding Ewes - Pink (many of the breeding ewes were shown as market lambs in the fall, if they already have a state tag you do not need to change it)

The tag order form is at:
http://gaaged.org/Livestock%20Resources/Georgia%20Junior%20National%20Resources/Georgia%20Junior%20National%20Ear%20Tag%20Order%20Form/2014-2015%20Tag%20Order%20Form.pdf

Ronnie Silcox,
Extension Animal Scientist