My June issue of Progressive Farmer came today and I was pleased to see an article on an ag program in Indiana using their livestock facility to not only provide educational opportunities, but also help feed the community. We've heard of many schools feeding the community with gardens--well here is an example of someone doing it with good 'ol animal protein!

Just thought I would share this as many of you are in the process of planning community service projects for the coming year. This would also be a good resource to share with school officials if you are wanting to add a livestock facility as the article highlights the life skills that are taught with the livestock program.

Here is the link to the digital version of Progressive Farmer. The article is on pp. 44-47.

http://dtnpf-digital.com/publication/?m=27946&l=1

Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education
2802 Moore Highway, ABAC 34