Please see message below from Ryan Ayers.

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Ryan Ayers <[log in to unmask]>
*Date:* July 8, 2014 at 6:35:54 PM EDT
*To:* Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>
*Subject:* *Sustainable Beef Production*

 I thought you and other ag teachers might enjoy seeing a youtube video TED
talk by Allan Savory.  He brings up many powerful political statements on
the environmental benefits of beef production.  His approach is to use
cattle to improve our soils, water, and air.  With this approach we no
longer have to defend ourselves, and we have a strong argument for the
promotion of beef.  The video is on the bottom of the website
http://www.sustainablegenetics.com/.  It is well worth your time to watch.

If you would like to see the benefits of this in person visit White Hawk
Farm in Haralson County, GA.  I recently took my Beef Challenge students to
visit White Hawk Farm where Josh Cabe is doing a great job managing this
farm.  I was blown away with his production of beef per acre.  His stocking
rate is one cow per acre with very little additional inputs of hay and
fertilizer.

--
Ryan Ayers
Agriculture Teacher