Please see message below from Ryan Ayers.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ryan Ayers <[log in to unmask]>
Date: July 8, 2014 at 6:35:54 PM EDT
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Sustainable Beef Production

 I thought you and other ag teachers might enjoy seeing a youtube video TED talk by Allan Savory.  He brings up many powerful political statements on the environmental benefits of beef production.  His approach is to use cattle to improve our soils, water, and air.  With this approach we no longer have to defend ourselves, and we have a strong argument for the promotion of beef.  The video is on the bottom of the website http://www.sustainablegenetics.com/.  It is well worth your time to watch.

If you would like to see the benefits of this in person visit White Hawk Farm in Haralson County, GA.  I recently took my Beef Challenge students to visit White Hawk Farm where Josh Cabe is doing a great job managing this farm.  I was blown away with his production of beef per acre.  His stocking rate is one cow per acre with very little additional inputs of hay and fertilizer.

--
Ryan Ayers
Agriculture Teacher