Teachers

Georgia has been allotted 25 voting delegates for the 87th National FFA Convention. Eight of those spots will be occupied by the state FFA officer team, leaving us with 17 positions to fill. We received 37 applications from some outstanding FFA members. I was very impressed with the level of student who applied to serve our Association. The field was deep, and the decision was difficult. The students selected to serve are listed below in alphabetical order.

Shealeigh Barton (Jones County)

Ian Bennett (Lowndes County)

Sarah Chance (Sonoraville)

Katie Cofty (Seminole County)

Jacqueline Elder (North Oconee)

Delaney Foster (Perry)

Faith Gilman (East Jackson)

Shelby Key (Thomson)

Olivia Minish (Madison County)

Sara Prokosch (LaFayette)

Angel Rewis (Clinch County)

John Romero (Gordon Central)

Emily Rutledge (Ola)

April South (Franklin County)

Chloe Thomason (Franklin County)

Caroline Waldrep (Mary Persons)

Claire Woodard (Morgan County)

Letters will be mailed to each student who applied early next week. Each student will receive a letter informing them of their status. A handful of students were identified as Alternates. If any of the students listed above choose to decline their invitation to serve as a delegate, students on the alternate list will be contacted.

The students selected to attend will receive further instructions about how to officially accept their nomination in their letter.

Congratulations to these students.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary