If you are planning to attend the 87th National FFA Convention, please take time to read this information carefully. It is a lot, but it contains many important pieces of information that will help as you plan your trip to Louisville.

The 87th National FFA Convention will be held October 29 - November 1, 2014, in Louisville, Kentucky.  Detailed information regarding the convention schedule, registration, etc., is available at www.ffa.org<http://www.ffa.org/> on the National Convention page.

STATE HOUSING BLOCK

The Georgia delegation is in the second year of a 3-year room block at the Louisville Downtown Marriott located at 280 West Jefferson Street in downtown Louisville. The Marriott is connected to the Kentucky International Convention Center (KICC) and just 7 miles from the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC).

* A reservation form for GA housing block at the Marriott is attached.
* These rooms have been reserved for four nights (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) October 28 - 31, with checkout being Saturday, November 1.
* Cost is $200.00 per student (based on quad occupancy) and $385.00 per advisor/adult (based on double occupancy).
* A deposit of $50.00 per person will be due with the reservation form to secure rooms.
* Payment should be made to the Georgia FFA Association.
* There are a limited number of rooms available to us.  Rooms will be assigned on a first come, first served basis according to the postmarked date of your deposit.
* Reservations WILL NOT be accepted by telephone, fax, or email or by contacting the Marriott directly. All Georgia housing block reservations must go through the State FFA Office.
* For chapters securing rooms, the balance of the room cost is due to this office by September 26.

* Paid parking is available at the Marriott for vehicles that are mini-van or smaller (7'6") for $22 per day. Additional standard vehicle parking is available on a first come, first served basis at the public lots near the Marriott for $5 per day.

* Parking for large vans and buses will be available downtown near the hotel for $10 per space per night. The lot manager has told me that they charge 6 spaces ($60)/nightly for buses. There is a free bus lot near the Ohio River. The free bus lot is 8 blocks from the Marriott.

* If you fly to Louisville, the Marriott does not have a shuttle that runs from the airport. They recommend Yellow Cab, Extreme Transportation or R & R Limo services for transportation from the airport.

ONLINE CONVENTION REGISTRATION

Registration for the National FFA Convention is an online process. The online registration will open in mid-August (NEXT WEEK). Included in that online registration process is selection of tickets for Opening Session, concerts, rodeos, Days of Service, CDE award meals, and any additional tickets that you need to purchase; as well as parking and shuttle passes. National Convention and Expo information can be found at https://www.ffa.org/Events/conventionandexpo/Pages/default.aspx.

NOTE: You can complete multiple online orders for your chapter if necessary. While you may not be ready next week to complete your entire registration, you may want to go ahead and book tickets for concert, rodeo, CDE dinners, etc...I encourage you to get those tickets ASAP once the site opens and complete that online order. You can then go back later to complete an order for your convention registration.

Convention registration rates are:

* $50 per person for chapters that secure lodging from the FFA housing block

* $65 per person for chapters who secure lodging outside the FFA housing block

* $75 per person for chapters register onsite in Louisville (regardless of lodging arrangements)

* Online convention registration closes October 13th at 5:00 p.m. EDT (this means all registrations must be completed by 5:00 p.m. EDT. Any chapter not registered by the deadline will have to register on-site in Louisville.

* If you book rooms through this office as part of the Georgia FFA block, you will qualify for the $50 convention registration.

* We will submit our state rooming list to National FFA as soon as the rooms in our block are full (around September 5).

* If you plan to stay in the Georgia room block, please wait to do your online convention registration until after September 6, to insure you get the $50 per-person rate.

* If you do not secure rooms in the Georgia block, I encourage you to go to the national convention website listed above and register for rooms through the National FFA block.

* National FFA online housing requests for individual chapters are due with deposits by September 10.

* Teachers will need to log into their Ag Career Network account and look under the National News heading to find the National FFA Housing Block information

Parking & Shuttles

In Louisville, all Convention sessions will take place at the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC), which is located about 7 miles from downtown.

* Parking at the KEC is $24 for the week (Wednesday through Saturday) or $8 per day (per entry, no in/out privileges). Any vehicle parking at KEC (bus, van, car etc...) will need a parking pass to park.

* KEC parking passes are available through the online convention registration.

* Public parking in downtown Louisville is available through local vendors in open lots, garages and decks.

* Downtown parking rates range from $5 - $25 daily. There are parking lots downtown for standard vehicles, mini-vans and buses.

* There will be shuttles running from various places around Louisville (including downtown) to KEC.

* Shuttle information can be found in the "Shuttles" section of the National Convention planning site.

* The Purple Route will run from the KEC to the Downtown Marriott, where the Georgia state room block is located.

* Shuttle passes are $30 per person for the entire week and can be purchased through the online convention registration process.

I know that this is a lot of information to sort through. Please pay close attention and if I can help at all, please call on me.  It is my desire for your students (and you) to have a positive experience at the National FFA Convention. Thanks so very much for all that you do; and best wishes for a great school year.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science - UGA