---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RONALD E Silcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Subject: Georgia Market Goat Carcass of Merit Contest
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, "Will R. Getz" <
[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

 We have 1052 goats entered in the state show.  We have only one (1) goat
entered in the Georgia Market Goat Carcass of Merit Contest.

 Complete details on the carcass contest are in the State show rule book on
page 14 at:

http://www.georgia4h.org/livestock/GaJrLivestockShow/ga_jr_officialrules.htm
​

 Exhibitors in 7-12th grade can enter.  At the time of check-in at the
state show the exhibitor designates which one of his/her goats will be
loaded following the state show to be harvested at Fort Valley.  Entry fee
is $20 and there is some good prize money (see below).

 *We will extend the entry deadline for the Georgia Market Goat Carcass of
Merit Contest to August 22.  If you have an exhibitor who whats to
participate, send me the name of the exhibitor and county/chapter name with
a check for $20 by Friday, Aug. 22.*

 Make check payable to:  Georgia Junior Livestock Shows
 Mail to:
 Ronnie Silcox
 Rhodes Animal Science
 Athens, GA  30602

 Short version of rules (complete details in rulebook):

 GEORGIA MARKET GOAT CARCASS OF MERIT CONTEST

 Guidelines:
1. The Market Goat Carcass of Merit Contest (CMC) will occur in concert
with the state market goat show during the Georgia
National Fair (GNF).
2. Eligible participants include 4-H and FFA students in 7th– 12th grade in
school.
3. Each exhibitor is entitled to enter only one market goat – wether or
doe.
4. Goats entered in the CMC must have been entered and shown in the
GNF live market goat show.
5. Specific goats entered must be declared by ear tag number and verified
at weigh-in.
6. A maximum total number of entries in 2014 will be 40 - 50. Early entries
will have first priority

 1. Entry fee will be $20 per goat entered, which will contribute toward
the premium money pool.
2. Sponsors are expected to provide additional premium funds to support
awards of at least $500 1st place, $450 2nd place and
subsequent $50 intervals through ten places. More generous awards will be
made if justified by additional financial support.
3. Premiums will be paid through at least 10 placings, or as dictated by
available funds and the ad hoc market goat
subcommittee.
4. Goats will be purchased for the verified (USDA reported) prevailing
market goat price in country markets during the week of
the fair.

 Lead Sponsor for 2014: FVSU College of Agriculture, Family Science and
Technology – Cooperative Extension Program and
Georgia Small Ruminant Research and Extension Center.

  Ronnie Silcox,
Extension Animal Scientist
Rhodes Animal & Dairy Science
Athens, GA  30602