Teachers

Please see the note below. If you are traveling to the National FFA Convention next month, this might be an opportunity that you and your students would enjoy.

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association

316 Poultry Science – UGA

Athens, GA 30602

(706) 552-4456

www.georgiaffa.org

Good Afternoon! I'm not positive that I directed this e-mail to the correct place so please bear with me. My name is Celia Thomas and I am a three year collegiate FFA member at Eastern Kentucky University. I am reaching out to you because of the approaching 87th National FFA Convention. Having competed in two national contests and being a recipient of the American Degree last year, I know the convention jitters get to everyone! I know from personal experience that National Convention is a once in a lifetime experience that FFA members will never forget!

My family, located right outside of Elizabethtown, KY (just 45 minutes south of Louisville) recently diversified and has expanded into the growing agri-tourism industry. Thomas Dairy Farm and Market is not only an operating 200 cow dairy but also features fall festivities including an eight acre corn maze, ten acres of pumpkins, a new zombie paintball hunt and FFA chapter development activities. In our second year of operation with argi-tourism, we are hoping to open our facilities to FFA chapters from all over the country and spread the knowledge that we have learned to be successful in agriculture in the demanding world we live in today!

As chapters are carefully planning their National Convention experience, we would like to be included in that special experience! We feel that we have so much to offer for the future leaders of the agriculture industry! I am requesting that chapters in your association are informed of this opportunity and hope that we can help make an impact on the exciting changes taking place in the agriculture industry! At the convenience of FFA advisors, we can get in contact and discuss further details.

Sincerely,

Celia Thomas

Thomas Dairy Farm and Market

4243 Leitchfield Rd