Great opportunity for your classroom.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Pisciotta <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Subject: Georgia Agribusiness Council 2014 Classroom Grant Program

Dear Agriculture Education Teachers,

For those that don't know me, my name is Michael Pisciotta and I serve as the Public Affairs Coordinator for the Georgia Agribusiness Council (GAC). One way that we live our mission at GAC is to advance the business of agriculture in the state of Georgia through educational initiatives. The Georgia Agribusiness Council awards up to four $500 Classroom Grants annually to fund special curriculum enrichment programs aimed at teaching agriculture as part of the Dr. Joe B. Crane Classroom Grant program. I have attached the short application for the 2014 Dr. Joe B. Crane Classroom Grants in hopes that you may share it with the agriculture educators in your region through e-mail lists, newsletters, etc. All K - 12 teachers are eligible for this opportunity as long as the subject matter is related to agricultural science, but I would especially hope that the educators you work with would take advantage of this opportunity. Applications are due postmarked by October 10th, and winners will be announced on October 24th.

 A direct link to the application that can be downloaded online can be found below:

We had 16 applications last year and the winners were: East Jackson Comprehensive High School (Greg Gilman), Elbert County Middle School (Dixie McCarty), and Burke County Middle School (Allie Crockett). We hope, with your help, to have even more applications this year. Thank you for your help in advance.

Best Regards,
Michael Pisciotta
229.402.1246

--
Michael Pisciotta, Public Affairs Coordinator
Georgia Agribusiness Council

--
Christa Steinkamp
Georgia Agriculture Education