I wanted to make you aware of two opportunities through the Georgia Agribusiness Council. Most of you should have already heard about the Dr. Joe B. Crane Memorial Classroom Grant program, but the GAC also has the Bill Baisley “Sumpin’ Big” Scholarship program. I would ask you to encourage any interested high school senior or college undergraduate to submit a scholarship application. See the information provided by GAC below. I've also attached a copy of the scholarship application.

Applications for the GAC Bill Baisley “Sumpin’ Big” Scholarship program and the GAC Dr. Joe B. Crane Memorial Classroom Grant program are now available. These initiatives support the Council’s commitment to agricultural education and are funded through the Georgia Agribusiness Council Foundation thanks to the generous support of our GAC membership.

·       The Mr. William C. “Bill” Baisley “Sumpin’ Big” Scholarship awards two $1,000 scholarships to qualified college undergraduate students or incoming college students who are majoring in an agriculture-related subject at any accredited college or university in Georgia. Applications are due postmarked by October 24thClick here for the scholarship application.

·       The Dr. Joe B. Crane Memorial Classroom Grant program provides up to four $500 grants to Georgia educators for funding of special projects aimed at teaching agriculture in the classroom. The grants may be awarded to any Georgia teacher, K-12, at a public or private school. Applications are due postmarked by October 10thClick here for the grant application.

Thank you in advance for sharing these opportunities with friends and family that could benefit from these programs.

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
204 Four Towers
Athens, GA 30602