From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Subject: 14-15 Spring Plug Order Form - Due Oct 31
To: [log in to unmask]

Teachers -

Attached you will find the Spring 2015 Plant Order form.  As asked for, we have simplified the tray sizes and the order form some.

THERE ARE 4 TABS - one for annuals, rooted cuttings, vegetables, and herbs.
Please complete the order form, save it to your computer using your school name - ex: BonaireMiddle-Spring2015OrderForm and then email it back to me.

Please see the information below concerning the order deadline, plant pickup location options, and plant combination suggestions.

ORDER DEADLINE
The deadline to place your order is Friday, October 31st
I realize some of you may be at National Convention during this week so please turn in your order ahead of time

DELIVERY OPTIONS
I will send out an email in Jan to set up for pick up location.
This year we are offering FIVE pickup location options:
Saturday, February 7th in conjunction with State CDEs at Fort Valley State.
Monday, February 9th - There will be 1 centrally located school pick up in Area 3
Tuesday, February 10th - There will be 1 centrally located school pick up in Area 4
Wednesday, February 11th in conjunction with the Region Poultry CDE in Eastman.
or You can pick up directly from the grower in South Houston County.

PLANT COMBINATION SUGGESTIONS
You will find there are several new items on the list this year that work great in mixed container baskets (1 or more different plants per basket/pot) such as:

Scaveola (a cascading flowering plant) mixed with wave petunias
Creeping jenny (a unique lime green plant that spills over containers) mixed with impatiens or petunias
Canna Lily (dwarf), sweet potato vine, and wave petunias
Creeping jenny, hypoestes, and petunia
Calibrachoa (also known as million bells), sweet potato vine and verbena
Coleus, Verbena, impatiens
Heliotrope, dichondra (petite leaves that spill over pot), vinca
Hollyhock, calibrachoa, hypoestes
Sweet potato vine, portulaca, melampodium
Ornamental fountain grasses, creeping jenny, dichondra

Feel free to call or email - I'd be more than happy to assist you in making your selections or with any questions you may have.

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education