---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: 2014 National FFA Convention <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Subject: Travel Advisory
To: [log in to unmask]

Travel Advisory:

Several construction zones may cause delays on your way to and from the National FFA convention. All major interstates are affected. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time of growth. Please take a moment to review this as it will affect all travel during convention.

 Due to bridge construction, expect delays on I-65, I-64 and I-71. Be aware that several areas are coned off and traffic may be cut down to one or two lanes in several areas. To learn more about bridge construction, visit http://kyinbridges.com

Construction on I-65 south of I-265 (also called the Gene Snyder Freeway) is under heavy construction causing congestion and delays. Allow an extra 30 minutes when planning to go through this area.

For a complete list of traffic advisories for the area, visit http://transportation.ky.gov/District-5/Pages/District-5-Traffic-Advisories.aspx

On Thursday, October 30, traffic is expected to increase around the Kentucky Expo Center(KEC) due to a football game at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, which is about 1.5 miles from the Kentucky Expo Center. The game begins at 7:30 p.m. Please plan for this if you are coming to the Kentucky Expo Center after 4:30 p.m. that evening. It is especially important to follow the traffic plan below to keep traffic moving safely.

  • If you are on I-65 going in either direction, exit 131B (Fair/Expo Center) and follow the signs to Gate 1. It is best to AVOID Crittenden Drive (exit 132) and Gate 4.
  • Hotel Shuttles will enter Gate 6
  • Buses with reserved parking enter Gate 6

Exiting policy

  • If you are leaving the Kentucky Expo Center after session 2 (ending at 4:00 p.m.) it is suggested that you exit gates 1 & 6. We advise that you AVOID Gate 4.
  • If you are leaving the Kentucky Expo Center after session 3 (ending at 9:00 p.m.) feel free to exit at any gate. The game will still be playing to traffic should not be affected.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail messages from this service, please click here

Tracking image

--
Christa Steinkamp
Georgia Agriculture Education