Congratulations on placing in the top two of your Area contests.

Who:  top two FFA teams from each Area, both Junior and Senior.
What:  State Meats Evaluation CDE
When:  Saturday, November 16th
Where:  Animal and Dairy Science Building, Athens, GA

T-shirt available!  view attachment, $10 cost, need order placed by Monday Noon.  Need to have 40 ordered to place an order.  T-shirt is attached.

To Order, go to:  https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1ZRE9oaW9mU3hiVmdTcWJ0bXFEclE6MA#gid=0

Also use this form to sign in for the contest so that I will have your contact information.

Registration: 8 AM to 8:30 AM, we need to have everyone in seats by 8:45 AM to start on time.  Contest Start:  9 AM

Bring:  clipboard, #2 pencils, hard hats, (seniors - non-programable calculator)

DRESS WARMLY contest will be in coolers and freezers.

Georgia FFA will provide frocks and hairnets.

Contest Events:
Retail Cut ID (30 cuts Senior, 20 Junior) (cookery included)
maximum of 5 placing classes
Questions on Placing Classes
maximum of 5 Beef Carcasses for Grading (senior only)
Meat Formulation Problem (senior only)
Test:  from Meat Science and Food Safety DVD found at CEV.

Refer to CDE rules.  If you have questions, please give me a call.

Additional:

Test:
"Meat Science and Food Safety" DVD.  Legislation and History, Animal Care and Handling, Meat Nutrition, Purchasing Meat

Yield and Quality Grading:

On the Yield Grade Section of the Scantron:

There is a spot to mark "Whole Grades" and "Tenths of Grades".

How to fill it out:  Examples -

If the Yield Grade is 1.19, round it to 1.2 and mark 1 in the Whole Grades and 2 in the Tenths of Grades.

If the Yield Grade is 2.22, round it down to 2.2 and mark 2 in the Whole Grades and 2 in the Tenths of Grades.

Basically, round to the Tenths!

RW

--
Ricky Wheeler