Teachers,

Congratulations to you and your students for advancing to the State Tractor Operation and Maintenance CDE. The event will be held on December 6th at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC). As soon as I know the specific tractor model I will let you all know.

CDE Schedule

8:00 a.m. - Registration will take place in room 139 Agricultural Sciences Building (#31 on map)

8:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies (all contestants) - Fountain area outside of Environmental Horticulture Building (#30 on map)

9:00 a.m. – CDE will begin (Yow Building) (#29 on map)

The following members have qualified for the State CDE;
Area 1:
Colt Crews - Bowdon, Advisor Mr. Ryan Ayers
Drew Dotson - Chattooga, Advisor Mr. David Yarbrough

Area 2
:
Walker Garrett - Habersham Central, Advisor Mr. Kyle Dekle
Haden Ariail - Franklin County - Advisor Mr. Owen Thomason

Area 3:
Rayce Foster of Jones FFA and his advisor Mark Smith
Justin Turner of Marion FFA and his advisor John Hagin

Area 4:
Austin Williford - Thomson HS - Rick DuBose, Advisor
Matt Lively - South Effingham HS - Tyler Outen, Advisor

Area 5:
Blake Lott - Ben Hill FFA, Advisor David Evans.
Branson Beasley - Pelham FFA, Advisor David Young.

Area 6:
Landon Herring - Lowndes High FFA, Advisor Quinton Hadsock
Tyler Stanford - Cook High FFA, Advisor Richard Herrin

For map information click the following link:
http://www.abac.edu/future-students/visiting-campus/campus-map

The CDE will consist of:
20 question written exam (1 point per question) - 30 minutes
10 question problem solving exam (2 points per question) - 30 minutes
Driving practicum (60 points)

For official guidelines, click here.

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.
(229) 798-0729

--
James Hunter
South Region Ag Mechanics Teacher