Area II Teachers,
I want to personally thank each of you who had teams and individuals
participate in the Ag. Sales CDE at Franklin County High School. I also
want to thank Mr. Watkins , Mr. Thomason, Mr. Hickox  and their students
for making their school available to us and going all out to provide every
teacher, student, and region staff
member with whatever they needed to put on a quality event. I would also
like to Thank the judges for their help with the CDE.
The judges are Mr. Bill Taylor (Madison County FFA
Young Farmer Member), Mr. Cecil Worley (Retired EMC Representative), Mrs.
Lisa Williams (representinig Lowe Electric), Mr. Andrew Ford (representing
Lowe Electric), Mr. Charles Hilsman (Oconee County FFA Alumni Member), Mr.
Bill Lott (UGA Braselton Arboretum Manager), Mr. Dennis Black (representing
Georgia Farm Bureau), Mrs. Claire Guined (Jackson EMC Representative),
Lastly I would like to thank the UGA Ag. Ed. students and the Area FFA
officers for their assistance with the CDE.
Many of these judges have been helping judge for several years. They made
the comment that this was the deepest and most prepared bunch of students
that they have seen in this competition. Keep up the good work.
Ag. Sales Results: FFA Rosters have been verified and these results are
official. Congratulations to the Madison County and East Jackson FFA
Chapters along with advisors Mrs. Trisha Lastly and Mr. Greg Gilman. These
teams placed first and second respectively and earned the right to
represent Area II at the State Ag. Sales CDE at Fort Valley State
University on Feb. 7th. The high scoring individual was Jam
Witcher from Madison County High School and Ty Beason from East Jackson and
Terra Poole from Franklin County tied for the  2nd high scoring individual.
See attached results for your scores.

--
Jerry Taylor
North Region Area Forestry Teacher