I want to notify you of a situation with the model 12S432 Briggs and Stratton Engine that we plan to use in the Area and State Ag Mechanics CDEs this fiscal year.  This horizontal shaft, single cylinder, OHV engine is now discontinued by B&S and is no longer in production.

If you go to the Briggs and Stratton website and look for the "education" engine you will find the model engine that we have purchased to use in the CDEs.  If you try to purchase a set of these engines you will find that they have been recently discontinued.  You might be able to find an individual engine (Northern Tool, Acme Tools, Amazon, etc...) but class sets are no longer available.

What does this mean for you as a teacher in reference to the CDE and future use?  I will explain.
This challenge should not adversely affect your training and preparation of teams.  The use of this manual and similar engines will adequately allow you to prepare teams for the CDE.  I have received a call from one teacher that could not purchase a set from SEDCO but we found individual engines for sale to remedy that problem.  I simply wanted to make each of you aware of the situation.

If  you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me and let me know.

Sincerely,

Kevin

--
Kevin Jump