Fellow Ag Teachers,

This update sent from the GVATA is very important. I hope each of you will take time to review it.  Additionally, I would like to ask your consideration and attention to a few things related to this reminder.

The normal State AgEd staff update will be limited on Thursday afternoon so that ample time is allotted for the guest speaker. I hope each of you take time to look over the links provided below and that you will help us make Mr. Stephen Ritz feel a warm welcome to Georgia. I have met him once before and believe we are in for a great presentation on Thursday.

As a close / kindred group of professional Agricultural Educators, I would like to ask that each of you consider attending the AgEd Hall of Fame Ceremony that will begin at 6 p.m. (immediately following the opening session). Even if you do not plan to stay and eat the fine meal being prepared by the camp, I humbly request your attendance and support at this opportunity we are given to celebrate the career(s) of two outstanding Ag Teachers. I am sure that the two inductees and their families would appreciate your presence as they are honored for a prosperous career in Agricultural Education.

Most of the AgEd State Staff updates and information will be given out during the Region meetings on Friday. Please try to be on time for these meetings so that they can start and end on time.

It will be great to see each of you at the 2015 mid-winter Ag Teachers Conference. As always, THANK YOU for being the best teacher(s) in your school and in the State and Nation.

John (Chip) Bridges

Program Manager, Agricultural Education

Georgia Department of Education

1752 Twin Towers East