Teachers,

Proficiency applications are due this coming Monday, February 2. We are anticipating getting many excellent applications. I hope that each of you are putting the final touches on your students' applications this week.

In an effort to continually improve the judging and application process, this year we are going to invite teachers to help judge the applications on the region level. We hope that this will give many of you the opportunity to see many quality applications and hone your own skills so that you can better serve your students. It will also allow more people to be involved in the judging process so that each application gets more feedback.

I hope that you will take part in this opportunity. We are inviting all of you to come to the South Region office in Tifton on Thursday, February 5 at 3:00 to help. If you cannot come until later in the afternoon, that is okay--just let us know. Mr. Waldrop and Mrs. Crick will give an orientation and go over the rubric for judging. Teachers will not be allowed to judge any of their own applications.

If you are willing to participate in this activity, please go to this link to register:
Thank you so much for considering helping in this process!

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education

"Educating Georgia's Future"