As I mentioned at the Mid-Winter Conference, we will have 3 separate
American Degree Workshops, they have already had one at UGA and now it is
time for one to be held at ABAC. If you have students attending ABAC or UGA
Tifton please let them know about this opportunity.

Teachers,

The South Region office will be hosting an American FFA Degree workshop on
Monday, March 9 at ABAC. The workshop will begin at 4:00 PM and will be
held in Room 132 of the Ag Sciences Building.

The purpose of the workshop is to give you as teachers, assistance in
helping your students finish their applications. Often, applicants have
trouble with the MET/NOT MET section of the degree. Our goal in this
workshop is to assist you in working through this and other parts of the
application that you may be having trouble with. This workshop is designed
only for those who have begun the application process. It is not intended
to help anyone complete the application from start to finish as this would
be impossible in the time frame we have allotted. Additionally, many of you
may have students who are attending ABAC and need some help with their
applications. Please let them know about it and include them in your
registration number.

Hopefully, by attending this workshop with your student(s), you will gain
the skills necessary to help you become more proficient in this important
award area.  The American Degree is a capstone achievement within our
organization and we need to do all we can to help students reach this
pinnacle.

Please go to the following link to register by noon on Monday, March 2. If
you have any questions, please contact us. In the meantime, if you have
specific questions related to the American Degree, please contact Mr. James
Hunter as he oversees this degree area in our office.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sHzmLTw8QIw1k_JM20j0wYfZtBaPQCrgjChwY6hwIFw/viewform?usp=send_form

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education