The 2015 Georgia Junior National Livestock show begins tomorrow with animal check-in. I look forward to seeing many of you and your students in Perry. Please travel safely.

We do realize that inclement weather may be an issue for some of you, and encourage you to make safe decisions regarding your students and their livestock. Because this is an extension of your agricultural education classroom, and is considered a school related event, each teacher is encouraged to follow your school system's policy on travel.

Schedule
Wednesday - hog barns open at 7:00 a.m. and all swine projects should be weighed in by 6:00 p.m.; beef heifer & steer check-in opens at 4:00 p.m. and will close at 7:00 p.m.

Thursday - Beef showmanship classes begin at 8:00 a.m. (grades 4 - 12); Swine showmanship begins at 8:30 a.m. (grades 12-9, then 4-8); Banquet tickets, t-shirts & rodeo vouchers available for pick-up from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; Commercial Dairy Heifers check-in opens at 1:00 p.m. and will close at 4:00 p.m.

Friday - Beef heifer show begins at 8:00 a.m.; Commercial Dairy Heifer showmanship begins at 8:00 a.m.; Market Barrow show begins at 8:30 a.m.; Banquet ticket and t-shirt pick-up is open from 9:00 a.m. - noon; and the Exhibitor Banquet is at 7:00 p.m.

Saturday - Commercial Dairy Heifer show begins at 8:00 a.m.; Market Gilt show begins at 8:30 a.m.; Market Steer show begins at 9:00 a.m.; Breeding Ewe check-in runs from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and the Breeding Ewe show begins at 4:00 p.m.

If you have questions, please let me know. Travel safely.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science - UGA