The Area V Junior Prepared Public Speaking CDE was held in Lee County
yesterday. I would like to thank Dr. Donald Gilman and the administration
at Lee County High School for their willingness to host the event. I would
also like to thank all of our judges who donated their time to assist with
the competition. Congratulations to our first and second place students who
will advance to the state CDE to be held at the State FFA Convention.

   - *Placing First was Kirk Beacham of the C.A. Gray Middle FFA, Advisor
   Eddie Murray*

   - *Placing Second was Libba Johnson from the C.A. Gray Jr. FFA, Advisor
   Matt Howell*

Other participants were in order by rank:

3. Lance Robinson, Mitchell County Middle
4. Sara Beth Massey, NE Tift
5. Maitlyn Freeman, Cairo High
6. John Sodrel, Whigham Middle

--