Teachers,

The South Region office will be hosting an American FFA Degree workshop on Monday, March 9 at ABAC. The workshop will begin at 4:00 PM and will be held in Room 132 of the Ag Sciences Building.

The purpose of the workshop is to give you as teachers, assistance in helping your students finish their applications. Often, applicants have trouble with the MET/NOT MET section of the degree. Our goal in this workshop is to assist you in working through this and other parts of the application that you may be having trouble with. This workshop is designed only for those who have begun the application process. It is not intended to help anyone complete the application from start to finish as this would be impossible in the time frame we have allotted. Additionally, many of you may have students who are attending ABAC and need some help with their applications. Please let them know about it and include them in your registration number.

Hopefully, by attending this workshop with your student(s), you will gain the skills necessary to help you become more proficient in this important award area.  The American Degree is a capstone achievement within our organization and we need to do all we can to help students reach this pinnacle.

Please go to the following link to register by noon on Monday, March 2. If you have any questions, please contact us. In the meantime, if you have specific questions related to the American Degree, please contact Mr. James Hunter as he oversees this degree area in our office.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sHzmLTw8QIw1k_JM20j0wYfZtBaPQCrgjChwY6hwIFw/viewform?usp=send_form

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education