The Area V Junior Prepared Public Speaking CDE was held in Lee County yesterday. I would like to thank Dr. Donald Gilman and the administration at Lee County High School for their willingness to host the event. I would also like to thank all of our judges who donated their time to assist with the competition. Congratulations to our first and second place students who will advance to the state CDE to be held at the State FFA Convention.

  • Placing First was Kirk Beacham of the C.A. Gray Middle FFA, Advisor Eddie Murray
  • Placing Second was Libba Johnson from the C.A. Gray Jr. FFA, Advisor Matt Howell
Other participants were in order by rank:

3. Lance Robinson, Mitchell County Middle
4. Sara Beth Massey, NE Tift
5. Maitlyn Freeman, Cairo High
6. John Sodrel, Whigham Middle

--