Teachers,

We had a great Paliamentary Procedure competition yesterday in Area VI. I want to commend our teachers and students as our numbers were up and overall, the students were well prepared. I would like to thank Mr. Van Mills and the staff at Appling County High for their help in preparing for our CDEs.

In the Area VI Junior Parly Pro:

1st Place: Jeff Davis High, Advisor Todd Claxton
2nd Place: Jeff Davis Middle, Advisor Cody Herndon

Rankings for all other teams were as follows:

3. Lowndes High, Advisor Micheal Barnes
4. Lowndes Middle, Advisor Pamela Ross
5. Brantley Middle, Advisor Krista Morris
6. Coffee Middle, Advisor Courtney Branch

In the Area VI Senior Parly Pro:

1st Place: Jeff Davis High, Advisor Todd Claxton
2nd Place: Berrien County High, Advisor Tim Meeks

Rankings for all other senior teams were as follows:

3. Lanier County High, Advisor Ben Culpepper
4. Brantley County High, Advisor Richard Gill
5. Lowndes County High, Advisor Micheal Barnes
6. Bradwell Institute, Advisor Lindsey Martin

Congratulations to our first and second place teams who are advancing to the state competition in Athens this March.

Teachers, I am compiling packets that I will send to you so that you can see how your students performed in this CDE. If you have any question, please let me know.

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education

"Educating Georgia's Future"