Dear Friends and Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to invite you to attend the next VII EUROPEAN
CONGRESS OF PROTISTOLOGY, VII ECOP, which will be held on SEPTEMBER 5 TO
10, 2015 in Seville (Spain) hosted by the Specialized Group of
Protistology (Grupo Especializado de Protistología, GEP) of the Spanish
Society of Microbiology (SEM). The Congress will be organized by FEPS
(Federation of European Protistological Societies) for the first time in
partnership with the International Society of Protistologists (ISOP).
Venues of the VII ECOP-ISOP JOINT MEETING will be the Hotel-Conference
Center Silken Al-Andalus Palace and the Scientific Campus "Reina
Mercedes" of the University of Seville. We are very much looking forward
to hosting this major scientific event.

 ECOP congresses take place every four years (last ones at Berlin 2011,
Germany, and St. Petersburg 2007, Russia) and cover all aspects of the
Protistology field. We expect that this first ECOP-ISOP joint congress
will be an outstanding meeting point for protistologists worldwide to
present their work and discuss their scientific achievements.

 The format of the VII ECOP-ISOP JOINT MEETING includes plenary
lectures, parallel symposia and workshops lectures and poster
presentations. The Congress has been designed to provide a comprehensive
overview of the latest research developments in different
Protistological fields, from the molecular to the ecological ones. ISOP
organized and generously supported two symposia and two plenary
lectures.
 It is our pleasure to announce that ROSS WALLER, University of
Cambridge (UK), will give the _2015 HUTNER AWARD LECTURE_ at the VII
ECOP-ISOP JOINT MEETING.

 Details of the meeting venues, speakers, registration fees, abstracts
submission and hotel accommodation are posted on the Congress website
WWW.VIIECOP.COM

 A special group rate at the Hotel-Conference Center Silken Al-Andalus
Palace has been negotiated for VII ECOP-ISOP JOINT MEETING delegates.
Further information on hotel room rates and how to book your
accommodation is available on the Congress website.

 We invite you to check the website regularly for updates. Notices in
our affiliated journals (European Journal of Protistology and Journal of
Eukaryotic Microbiology) and Societies websites will also be posted over
the coming weeks.

 Congress registration and Abstracts submission are now open!

_KEY DATES_

1TH JULY 2015. Early registration and Abstracts submission deadline.
1TH SEPTEMBER 2015. Late (increased) registration deadline.

 We are looking forward to meeting you and your colleagues in Seville!

 Aurelio Serrano, President of the Local Organizing Committee
 Eduardo Villalobo, Secretary of the Local Organizing Committee