*From:* Richard Woods
*Sent:* Monday, March 02, 2015 12:48 PM
*To:* K12 Superintendents; RESA Directors; K12 Principals
*Subject:* Agriculture Awareness activities for schools

Good afternoon,

The Georgia Department of Education and Georgia Department of Agriculture
will celebrate National Agriculture Week from March 15 to March 21, 2015.
Additionally, the Governor’s Agriculture Day celebration will take place
March 10, 2015.

As part of our celebrations, GaDOE and the Department of Agriculture will
hold an essay contest, poster contest, and coloring contest for students.
All entries should focus on the 2015 theme, *“Agriculture in my county &
state: What does agriculture do for me?” *The top three entries from each
school (or, for the coloring contest – the top three entries per grade
level, per school) are *due no later than Friday, April 3*.

Additional guidelines are included in the documents attached. Please view
these documents before submitting entries.

We hope you will participate and have fun celebrating the importance of
agriculture in our state!

Sincerely,

Richard Woods

Georgia’s School Superintendent