As we continue our planning for the Okefenokee Wildlife Refuge Forestry
Field Day coming up on *March 26th*, there is some additional information
about scheduling and the options available to you and your students during
the 12:00n-2:00p time slot after lunch that you need to be aware of. The
staff at the Refuge are adding an archery venue that will probably be very
popular with your students. The archery venue will be walk up and shoot and
there will be several of the Refuge staff available to provide safety
information and to move groups of 4-5 students at a time through shooting
cycles.

Canoes will not be available for renting this year. We are not trying to
rain on your students' parade, but it was decided, for safety reasons, to
just stick to guided boat tours on the water. Please call Okefenokee
Adventures at 912-496-7156 to make reservations for the one hour guided
boat tours. Those reservations need to be made by *Monday, March 16*.  If
you do not pre-register, you may still be able to sign up for the one hour
boat tour on a first come/first served basis on event day. It is the
objective of the Refuge staff for you and your students to experience as
much of the Refuge as it has to offer, but two hours is just not a lot of
time to do, so plan your day to make the best use of the time available.

I have attached two documents to assist you in your planning to make
optimum use of your time after lunch. I look forward to a great day as we
wrap up the Forestry Field Day season at one of our nation's most treasured
venues.

Chapters and numbers are listed below. If your chapter is not listed and
you wish to attend, please go to the link following the table and click on
it to register.

  *Chapter* *Advisor* *# Students*  Appling County Van Mills 23  Appling
County Middle Ricky Barnes 20  Brantley County Richard Gill 35  Brantley
Middle  Krista Morris 25  Charlton County Audrey Pickren 35  Clinch
County Dustin
O'Neal 15  Coffee County Abbie Halbig 20  Echols County Hank Majeski 26  Echols
County Middle Shelby Corbett 25  Glascock County Rodney Redd 22  Pierce
County Seth Prescott 22  Thomas County Central Jerry Stone 30  Thomas
County Middle Audrey Davis 11  Tift County Jimmy Cargle 15  Ware County Renee
Smith 22  Ware County Middle Cherry Henderson 35  Wayne County Michael
Kirkland 18   399

*Forestry Field Day Registration*
<https://docs.google.com/a/gaaged.org/forms/d/1bYEhDZYylbOpAvp5a7406RodhWsVPgd9r7C3UyCnVRY/viewform>

Thank you!

*Danny BartlettForestry TeacherSouth Region Agricultural Education*
*ABAC 34 - 2802 Moore Highway*
*Tifton, GA  31793*

*229/386-3198 (ofc)*