As we continue our planning for the Okefenokee Wildlife Refuge Forestry Field Day coming up on March 26th, there is some additional information about scheduling and the options available to you and your students during the 12:00n-2:00p time slot after lunch that you need to be aware of. The staff at the Refuge are adding an archery venue that will probably be very popular with your students. The archery venue will be walk up and shoot and there will be several of the Refuge staff available to provide safety information and to move groups of 4-5 students at a time through shooting cycles.

Canoes will not be available for renting this year. We are not trying to rain on your students' parade, but it was decided, for safety reasons, to just stick to guided boat tours on the water. Please call Okefenokee Adventures at 912-496-7156 to make reservations for the one hour guided boat tours. Those reservations need to be made by Monday, March 16.  If you do not pre-register, you may still be able to sign up for the one hour boat tour on a first come/first served basis on event day. It is the objective of the Refuge staff for you and your students to experience as much of the Refuge as it has to offer, but two hours is just not a lot of time to do, so plan your day to make the best use of the time available.

I have attached two documents to assist you in your planning to make optimum use of your time after lunch. I look forward to a great day as we wrap up the Forestry Field Day season at one of our nation's most treasured venues.

Chapters and numbers are listed below. If your chapter is not listed and you wish to attend, please go to the link following the table and click on it to register.

Chapter Advisor # Students
Appling County Van Mills 23
Appling County Middle Ricky Barnes 20
Brantley County Richard Gill 35