Teachers,

Congratulations on having student(s) qualify as state finalists in the proficiency award program. You and your students deserve a lot of credit for developing some strong SAEs. I appreciate your hard work. This email contains some important information regarding the state proficiency finalists interview process. Please review this information carefully, and go over with your student(s).

Attached are the following documents:

-2015 Proficiency Interview schedule
-2015 Proficiency Interview guidelines
-List of 2015 State Proficiency Award finalists

Dr. DJ Sheppard is coordinating the state proficiency award process at the State Convention. Each finalist on the attached list will have an opportunity to interview with a set of judges on Thursday, April 23. Interviews will be conducted in the Marriott hotel that connects to the Convention Center. Five rooms will conduct interviews based on technical area (i.e. Ag Mechanics, Animal Science, Forestry, Horticulture, & Leadership). The scores from the interview process will be combined with the scores from the written application to determine the state winner.

The attached interview guidelines are very clear on how each interview will run (opening statements, length of interview, what to take in the room, scoring process, etc…). Please review this information with your student(s) and help them be prepared. Students who do not show up to be interviewed will forfeit the interview score portion of their total score. I encourage you to help your student do their best to attend Convention on Thursday to interview.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to let me know. Good luck to each proficiency award finalist.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA