CTAERN 4293 Ag. Mechanics for Beginning Teachers is open for
registration.This course is designed to help first year teachers or
teachers who find themselves teaching Agricultural Mechanics for the first
time. The primary objectives of the course will be to: identify effective
strategies for managing students in the Agricultural mechanics laboratory,
identify strategies for managing facilities and equipment, develop a course
calendar/pacing guide for teaching the agricultural mechanics unit within
the Basic Agricultural Science curriculum and for the Agricultural
Mechanics I curriculum. Additionally, participants will have the
opportunity to refresh and/or develop basic skills in agricultural
electrification, small engines/equipment operation, and introductory
welding. Participants will be required to provide their own safety glasses,
gloves and suitable cover clothing for welding. Tools needed for the
workshop will be provided by the instructors. Each participant should bring
a flash drive with them to the workshop.

Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher
North Region Agricultural Education
209 Four Towers