Teachers,

As was shared with you last summer at the GVATA Summer Conference, this year the revision process for CDE and Award guidelines will be handled a little differently that in the past. Beginning in 2015, all CDE and award guidelines will be reviewed by committees of agriculture teachers and state staff members every three years (2015, 2018, 2021, etc…) The committee will meet May 27-28, 2015, at the FFA/FCCLA Center.

Attached is a list of teacher and staff who have agreed to serve on the revision process committees for 2015. Each technical committee is comprised of 3 high school teachers and 1 middle school teacher, along with members of the state AgEd staff. The list also includes the technical area and the specific guidelines that each committee will review. Please feel free to make contact with any of these teachers if you have an idea that you would like to bring up. Each committee will be charged with reviewing the current guidelines of each event (including rules, references, points, tie breakers, etc…) Even if we receive no suggested change for a CDE, the guidelines will be reviewed to insure that they are up to date. Final revised guidelines will be ready to share by Summer Teacher’s conference in July.

Just as in years past, any agriculture teacher can submit a proposal for a change. Attached is the form for proposed changes. If you would like to propose a CDE or Award guideline change, please you submit the form to me prior to Wednesday, May 20. That will allow me time to print copy and sort recommended changes and have them ready to give each committee.

Please keep in mind that these committees will be charged with reviewing and revising guidelines, not dates. You are welcome to offer feedback on dates of CDEs/activities, but that must be done prior to the revision committee meeting. The state and Area AgEd calendar for 2015-2016 will be finalized by May 26. If you have feedback regarding dates for Area or State CDEs, please share your thoughts/suggestions with me or your Region Director just as soon as possible so that we can consider all ideas prior to finalizing the calendar.

It is my sincere intention to create programs and guidelines that serve all students fairly. Any help that you can provide in that endeavor is much appreciated. Please let me know if you have questions.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA