Teachers,

This fall Georgia will be allotted approximately  25 official voting delegates to the National FFA Convention. The state FFA officer team will occupy 8 of those spots, but we will need some outstanding FFA members to fill the remaining seats. We are now accepting applications to serve as a Georgia Association delegate to the 88th National Convention in Louisville, Kentucky.  The application is attached to this email.

Applications are due to the State FFA Office by June 15. That is an in office date, not a postmarked date. Applications can be mailed or emailed, but must include all necessary signatures in order to be considered.

We need motivated, sharp, committed FFA members who will represent our Association at a high level. If you have a student or two who meets those qualifications, please encourage them to apply. We are targeting current 11th and 12th grade FFA members. Younger students are welcome to apply, but priority will be given to students currently in 11th (class of 2016) and 12th (class of 2015) grades.

National Convention delegates will travel to the National Convention with the Georgia Association. Their travel and lodging will be paid for and they will receive some meal money from the Georgia FFA Foundation. The students will be expected to travel and stay with the Georgia Association throughout the entire convention, so they will not be with their local FFA chapters that week. The delegates will leave on Monday, October 26, and will return to Georgia on Sunday, November 1, so they will miss an entire week of school. Beginning Monday the delegates will be involved in committee work and delegate business. Normal Convention sessions and schedule will begin on Thursday.

The only other commitment is a delegate meeting on Wednesday, September 23, at Camp John Hope in Ft. Valley. We will gather all delegates together to discuss their committee work and conduct a delegate orientation.

If you or any of your students have questions, please feel free to give me a call. I hope that you will nominate a student for this wonderful opportunity.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA