---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arrington, Meredith <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Subject: Vet Sience Workshop
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

I have spoken with Texas A&M and they are only available to put on the second phase of the workshop July 9&10.  You did not have to attend the first workshop in order to register for the second one.  However, unlike last year, this program will not be free.  The total cost is $2000 and I need a minimum of 20 people to seriously commit to the workshop and for your school system or yourself be willing to pay $100.  This does cover three instructional aides for you to use.  The workshop will again be held in Effingham, which is two hours north of Jekyll Island so you can just continue your stay in southeast, GA after you attend Summer Conference.

Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can answer and reply to [log in to unmask] before 5:00 tomorrow so that I can finalize the plans.

The Veterinary Science Certificate Program provides students with the knowledge, motivation, and skills to pursue a career in veterinary science. It also provides a sound platform for students who wish to pursue an associate, undergraduate, or graduate degree. Students who complete the program receive veterinary assistant (VA) classification from the high school and are eligible for CVA certification through the Texas Veterinary Medical Association. This program is available through participating high schools and taught by agricultural science and health science teachers.

The Institute for Infectious Animal Diseases offers in-state teacher training workshops to assist implementation and provide teachers with the necessary skills to confidently administer the program in all three career tracks.

1. Clinical

2. One Health Science and Technology

3. Laboratory Science and Technology

Our Education and Outreach System trainers offer three options for in-state teacher workshops. Upon completion of the training, teachers will have the ability to teach 200 of the 500 skill hours required for the apprenticeship. A minimum of 300 hours must be attained under the supervision of a veterinarian, registered veterinary technician, One Health and/or laboratory professional.

To develop, update, and sustain these services, we charge a recovery fee for trainer expenses. There are several options to choose from. Upon request, the VSCP team will customize a workshop to your specifications.

The following professional development training packages are available for in-state teacher workshops. Each workshop will accommodate up to 30 attendees.

Option 1:

 Two-day VSCP in-state training workshop providing 17 professional development hours for agricultural and/or science educators.

 One VSCP trainer will conduct the workshop.

 Workshop will consist of 5 hours of VSCP lectures and 12 hours of program skills training.

 Cost: $2000

Meredith Carey Arrington, Ed. S
Agriculture Education
Effingham County High School
1589 Highway 119 South
Springfield, GA 31329
912-754-6404 Ext. 1243
"The Only Real Disability in Life is a Bad Attitude" -Scott Hamilton

--
Christa Steinkamp
Georgia Agriculture Education

Agriculture Education Mission