Good Morning,

Please see the professional development opportunity below offered by Briggs and Stratton at Clemson University.  If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Preston Byrd at Clemson!

I hope everyone has a great end of the school year!

Eric

Eric D. Rubenstein, Assistant Professor

Agricultural Leadership, Education, & Communication Department

405 College Station Rd. | 133 Four Towers | Athens, GA 30602

(: (706) 542-3191 | FAX: (770) 233-6109 | :[log in to unmask]

Clemson University AgEd has an Briggs & Stratton Small Engines Workshop coming up at the end of July, which is available to agricultural educators.  The information regarding the workshop is below and in the attached flyers.  I was wondering if you could pass this along to the secondary agricultural educators in your state.  I have a total of 24 spots available and about half are already filled so anyone interested needs to act quickly.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask and thanks for passing along this professional development opportunity to your state agricultural educators.

Thanks,

Preston Byrd

Dear Agricultural Educators,

I have worked with Briggs and Stratton to setup a 3-day intensive small engines workshop at Clemson University.  This workshop is essentially the same as the week-long educators’ workshop held at their headquarters.  I have attached a flyer with the basic information detailing the workshop.  Below are details about the price for the workshop, lodging, graduate credit, etc.  For those interested, you need to email me ([log in to unmask]) stating your interest and I will get an invoice sent to you and an email with other pertinent documents regarding the workshop.

Invoice:

For the invoice you need to identify if you or your school/institution will be paying the workshop fee so that we can address the invoice correctly.  I will also need the contact information to send the invoice: address, email, fax, etc.

Cost:

The cost of the workshop is $500.00, but you will be taking home at least that much back to your program in teaching materials.  The workshop will be held July 27-29, 2015 (Monday-Wednesday) at Clemson University in McAdams Hall.  There is limited space available. Only the first 24 individuals to pay the workshop fee will be able to attend.  This invitation is being sent out to numerous states, so act quickly if you are interested.

Lodging:

I have a courtesy block of rooms reserved at the Comfort Inn in Clemson, SC at a rate of $72.99/night + taxes.  The block is good for the days of July 26-31 (Sunday-Friday).  When you call to reserve a room, mention that you are part of the “Briggs & Stratton Small Engines Workshop Group” to get the special rate.

Graduate Credit:

For those interested in obtaining graduate credit, I am currently getting the materials together for a contract course.  The fee for the contract course will be covered by the $500 registration so the credits won’t cost you extra!  If you are interested in earning graduate credits, state that when you email me and I will send the required documents for you to complete.

Parking Passes:

I will have parking passes ready for you at the hotel’s front desk either when you arrive or on the morning of the 27th.  I will provide a map and directions to everyone with the other documents.

Regards,

A. Preston Byrd

Assistant Professor

Clemson University

Department of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences (AES)

253 McAdams Hall

Office: 864-656-5675

Cell: 540-695-0123