GOOD MORNING my competitive Agriculture Teachers! This week is THE WEEK!

Here is some additional information about the Floral Design CDE this week

Sign In: 4 PM
Contest Starts:  4:30 PM - Please make sure your students arrive on time as this is a timed event.

Senior Students:  Will create 1 Design, 25 Flower/ Hard Good ID, and 25 question Test
Junior Students:  Will create 2 Designs

Location

*Area 5 FFA Floral Design CDE, Sept 29th @ Terrell County High School 201 Greenwave Boulevard, Dawson, GA 39842

*Area 6  FFA Floral Design CDE, Oct 1st @ Coffee County High School 159 Trojan Way, Douglas, GA 31533

 Fee

* There is a cost to compete in the area contest - $20.00
*The designs can be taken home by the student at the end of the competition once scoring is complete.

Tools/ What to Bring

** Tshirt money - please make sure you bring cash or check (payable to South Region FFA) if you ordered shirts - $10.00 each

*Students should bring their own tools such as:

-floral scissors - I recommend 2 pair; 1 that will cut woody stems and 1 for cutting soft stems and ribbon

-wire cutters

- needle nose pliers - I recommend the small nose (these can be found in the craft/ jewelry making department)

-a small hand held broom/dustpan for area cleanup,

-5 gallon bucket for keeping flowers,

-SENIORS may want to bring an extra vase or bouquet holder stand.

 *All other materials/supplies will be supplied for the student.

NOTE:  I will have floral tape and glue for the students TO SHARE.  However I do not have enough for every student competing to have their own.  If you are concerned with finishing in the time deadline, you may want to bring your own floral tape and floral adhesive for your student to use.

 CDE Dress

*It is recommended that students either wear official dress or a chapter shirt. They can take their jackets off while designed if needed.

Photo Opportunities

*Advisors/Teachers and/or parents will not be allowed in the contest area.  Photo opportunities will be made available after the competition once judges have reviewed and scored the designs.
*I will have a photo area at the registration table. This area is for the teacher and their one/two floral design CDE students. Please come and take your picture there with us for your press release.

STUDY POWERPOINTS

Click on the following link - http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=247
Click on Floral Design Fresh Product for help with Flower ID
Click on Floral Design Hard Goods and Materials for Equipment ID

Click on this link - http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=75 for past scenarios and tests

List of Schools Registered & School with T-shirts:
Baconton Charter  - $30
Lee County Middle East - $10
Mitchell County Middle - $10
W.J. Williams Middle - $10
Thomas County Central - $20
C.A. Gray Middle - $10
Wigham Middle - $10
Shiver Middle - $20
Coffee County Middle - $20
Cook County Middle - $10
Liberty County - $30
Telfair - $10
Bradwell Institute - $30
Lowndes County High - $40
**Yes you may have one check for both the shirt and your students floral arrangement.**

Area 5
Seniors

Baconton Charter

Ben Hill High (Fitzgerald)
Brooks County High
CA Gray Jr. High
Cairo
Colquitt County
Early County
Irwin County High
Lee County High
Miller County
NE Tift
Pataula Charter
Pelham High
Randolph-Clay
Seminole County
Terrell County
Thomas County Central
Tift County

Wilcox County

Bainbridge High School

Juniors
Whigham Middle School
Shiver Middle School
Baconton Charter
Bainbridge Middle
Ben Hill Middle
Brooks County High
Brooks County Middle
CA Gray Jr. High
CA Gray Middle
Cairo
Crisp County Middle
Eighth Street Middle
Irwin County High
Irwin County Middle
J. T. Reddick
Lee County Middle East
Lee County Middle West
Mitchell County Middle
NE Tift
Pelham High
Pelham Middle
Randolph-Clay
Seminole County
Terrell County
Thomas County Middle
W. J. Williams Middle

Area 6
Seniors
Berrien County High
Bradwell Institute
Brantley County High
Camden County
Charlton County
Clinch County
Coffee County Freshman (GWC)
Coffee County High
Cook County High
Echols County
Jeff Davis High
Lanier County
Liberty County
Lowndes County High
Telfair County

Juniors
Bacon County High
Bacon County Middle
Berrien County High
Berrien County Middle
Bradwell Institute
Brantley County High
Brantley County Middle
Camden County
Charlton County
Clinch County
Coffee County Freshman (GWC)
Coffee County Middle
Cook County High
Cook County Middle
Echols County
Hahira Middle
Jeff Davis High
Jeff Davis Middle
Lanier County
Liberty County
Lowndes County High
Lowndes County Middle
Pine Grove Middle

Thank you teachers for all your hard work with your students on the front end to prepare and train your students. This event I hope is a great experience for you and your students! Call me or email with any questions: 229-894-0507

HAPPY CASE OF THE MONDYS TO YA!

--
Trisha Rae Lastly
South Region Agriculture Education